Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gear vendor questions.

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 10:28 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gear vendor questions.

Hey guys. I am in the process of putting in my TH400. I have the money to buy a GV setup and have one located at a great price. How difficult is it to install one of these? Are there any tricks I need be aware of before I start? Any advice would be helpful. I am putting it in because it is a daily driver and the only car I have with AC.lol My wife actually drives it everyday.
Old 08-16-2006, 09:18 PM
Teching In

what type of vehicle is it going in? it will prolly require modification of the trans tunnel and you will need to get a custom built driveshaft. as far as installing electronics goes i don't think they are too hard. i worked at gear vendors for 4 years assembling the overdrives so i should be able to answer some questions for you. feel free to ask.
Old 08-17-2006, 07:53 AM
TECH Regular

Man that is great. It will be going into a 02 Camaro. I guess by modification you mean the Ol' Hammer and elbow. I knew I would need to cut down the DS. I just was not certain what all was involved in the install. I hate suprises.lol Are these things as good as they say?
Old 08-17-2006, 08:56 PM
Teching In

if i remember correctly they fit in 4th gens without much if any trans tunnel modification. obviously you will need to relocate the torque arm. they were working on one right as i quit working there, so i don't really know how it turned out. the electronics on that new if a car might be a little more difficult. they have a sales and tech line (619)562-0060 you could talk to one of the guys there and they could give you a lot more info than me about installation. like i said the installation of the unit itself is easy but the electronics would probably be a little harder. as far as performance goes they are pretty cool. you can run run a 4.56 gear and in 3rd overdrive it will be like having 3.55 gears in the rear end.