Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Alittle Issue after the dyNo today...need HELP asap!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2006, 01:50 PM
Restricted User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Alittle Issue after the dyNo today...need HELP asap!!!!

ok guys i posted in the PCM/tuning section but wanted to post here as well because im sure i will get more help from guys who constantly look at the forced induction area......
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...35#post5383335

read the thread in the link, basically i made little power on boost because me and my tuner were scared, we were getting 3* random KR, some runs would show some, some runs would show nothing...and the guy backed down the timing to like 15* total to see if it would stop and to be "safe" at the same time...but now the car feels like complete *** when not in boost...anything under 3500rpm feels ALOT slower than what my car used to be on MOTOR, im guessing its due to the timing being set so low..what i was thinking was jack up the timing before it comes into boost so the motor "wakes up", and then in the 3600 and up rangre, back down the timing again to 16* or so where it is now all around...Car feels AWESOME on boost but other than that anything on the street will rip me a new *** just because they will take a 3 car jump on me before we even take off. ANY INPUT would be great, so i can share with my tuner when i get in touch with him....

car made 381rwhp/415rwtq @5 psi on the safest "most conservative tune" using HP TUNERS...custom rear mount, 42lb injectors bla bla bla...AFR was consistent at about 11.25 and thats about it i guess... LEMME KNOW i know you guys know more about all this, this is my first experience with tuning and a boosted LS1 and other than the sluggish low-mid range...it has niccce mph when it gets into boost...but again i dont have a supra...i have a boosted LS1 i expect LS1 throttle response, with the benefits of boost on top of that, all im getting right now is the boost part lol .. well THANKS AGAIN 4 any input!!
Old 08-19-2006, 02:01 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hmmm...on 5 psi, you should ALMOST be able to use the stock tune....including timing. I know you are disappointed but keep working on the tune. Mine has gotten KR from being too rich several times. FWIW, i am runing 15 degrees of timing on 93+meth at approx 21psi....you should be PLENTY safe and yes that low timing will feel like a parachute.