Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

t56 tranny/cags problem

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2006, 05:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default t56 tranny/cags problem

again...i have another "wont go into gear problem." A while back one day it wouldnt go into 3rd gear....after a few hours of messing around with it, i got it to go in and it worked fine for about a month. Last night i was driving down the highway in 6th gear. Just normal cruising, no beating or anything. As i got off the exit i went to shift into 5th and it felt like something was stopping it from going in. I went into 4th, perfect. Stopped at a redlight, and it wouldnt go into 1st. Now im getting mad. Started off in 2nd gear, tried 3rd, nothing. So 1st, 3rd, 5th and REVERSE dont work. 2nd, 4th, 6th work fine. The tranny has always performed fine, never grinds nothing. Changed the fluid today to see if that helped, it didnt.

car has a B&M pro 5.0 shifter , and skip shift eliminator installed.
Any advice on what to do, voltages maybe to check at any solenoids, anything that is gonna help me figure out what in the hell is the problem

thanks
Old 08-19-2006, 07:50 PM
TECH Resident

Sounds to me that the skip shift eliminator went bad.....mine did the same things as you describe.....did u put the eliminator on the right tranny silenoid???
Old 08-19-2006, 08:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

actually i figured out the problem...i took off the skip shift..that didnt work. I reset the pcm...that didnt work. So after sitting there wondering why the shifter sounded like it was hitting against something (which i thought was a misaligned synchro or something)..we took off the center console, and one of the stupid stop bolts was loose and was stopping the shifter from going all the way forward.

tightened it up with some loctite..car shifts smooth as butter

Quick Reply: t56 tranny/cags problem