Sponsored by:

Major issue after long idle

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 07:10 PM
Alt
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Major issue after long idle

I have a remote start on my v6, I would start it up while in the house finishing whatever I was doing to leave so it would sit and idle for about 3-8 minutes before I got in the car. Very recently the transmission has started to give me some issues when it sits idling from a cold start. My 1st gear doesn't want to shift until I reach 3k-4k rpms and once I do it'll SLAM into 2nd gear. Then 2nd acts the same way waiting to shift and then once it gets up in the rpms it'll SLAM into 3rd. Feeling is similar to banging gears in a manual as quick/hard as possible. My ex-g/fs z28 with a shift kit didn't even hit this hard. Anyway, to continue, the car then will not shift into overdrive. But at the same time it feels like it is. It feels like the transmission "disengages" and I can freerev to almost 3k before it "engages" 3rd gear again and accellerates.

Here is another odd part. If I just start the car, hop in it and drive off asap. This problem doesn't appear.. ever. Only when it sits idling. What is wrong with my v6's 4L60E? I've been regular on fluid flushes and owned that car for 90% of its life, prior owner was my now deceased grandfather and he only put 5k miles on it. What could be wearing out, clutch packs, something else?
Old 08-23-2006, 03:38 PM
Alt
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone? Something is wrong with it.