Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SLP Lid or Whisper Ram Air system

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-2006, 02:11 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default SLP Lid or Whisper Ram Air system

Another question...sorry. I'm about to buy a the SLP lid and the smooth intake bellow but saw that they have a Whisper Ram Air kit as well. Do you think the ram air kit would be worth it?

I have a 00 T/A, with an aftermarket ws6 hood.
Old 08-22-2006, 02:27 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1.) IMO the SLP lid is the best fitting/highest quality lid on the market

2.) the smooth bellows is a WASTE OF MONEY! you will see no gain. all you may see out of it is a lid that may not fit correctly. often, people that use the smooth bellows have problems with lids cracking and rubbing the hood since the bellows prevents the lid from fitting properly.

3.) i would recommend the fast toys ram air kit over the whisper kit. you can get it from www.thunderracing.com/

it's worth the money. it's been tested to show gains in efficiency, IAT's, 1/4 mile ET and mpg on www.installuniversity.com/
Old 08-22-2006, 02:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369
1.) IMO the SLP lid is the best fitting/highest quality lid on the market

2.) the smooth bellows is a WASTE OF MONEY! you will see no gain. all you may see out of it is a lid that may not fit correctly. often, people that use the smooth bellows have problems with lids cracking and rubbing the hood since the bellows prevents the lid from fitting properly.

3.) i would recommend the fast toys ram air kit over the whisper kit. you can get it from www.thunderracing.com/

it's worth the money. it's been tested to show gains in efficiency, IAT's, 1/4 mile ET and mpg on www.installuniversity.com/

thanks man. What about the SLP compared to the Fast Toys? Is it sort of a middle ground between the Whisper and Fast toys kit?
Old 08-22-2006, 03:14 PM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the SLP is a cold air intake kit while the FTRA and whisper kits are marketed as 'ram air' kits. while they aren't a true ram air per say, they are superior to SLP's. from my research, i'd recommend the fast toys. i intend to get one when the bills stop piling up.