Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

sponsor's, tranny techs, etc...i need parts ideas

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 07:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default sponsor's, tranny techs, etc...i need parts ideas

i plan on rebuilding my A4 in about 2-3 months, if it doesnt break before then....im taking it to a guy in atlanta who ive known forever, hes going to build if for me and i just have to pay for parts.....i need to know what kind of valve body, servo's, bands, clutchs and anything else i need....just parts, prices and recommendations....thanks
Old 08-30-2006, 11:02 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

The beast sunshell,wide band not kevlar,zpack in 3-4,fairbanks intermediate super servo ,sonax super servo for 4th,Pwm elimination mod (transgo kit has it in it ),.500 boost valve,full time lube mod to pr valve. Turn pcs center screw 1/4 turn clockwise ,Use transgo shift kit but do not use the shims in the accumulators but do every thing else.
replace input sprag with 29 element unit ,
Other than that just use a good quality rebuild kit (transstar)(toledo)
check and recheck everything and you should be fine and happy with the result
performabuilt
Old 08-30-2006, 11:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

thanks alot....the guy im taking it to owns a franchise of tranny places and has been doing it for years...like i said i just gotta buy the parts...see thats the other thing i didnt even know where to even get a good rebuild kit from...im not gonna ask about specials, or "whos the cheapest"....but in general just for parts what would i be looking at over all?....i checked several of the sponsors sites...and most dont have seperate parts for sale...
Old 08-31-2006, 07:06 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

We will shortly have a online for you guys! If you are looking a list of parts look at our build sheets for the different levels. This will give you a good idea of what really needs to go into your unit. I don't think cranking up a epc along with a shift kit is such a good idea. Also if you don't want a 3-2 clunck or abusive 1-2 shifts I would strongly suggest staying away from the superior servo. We don't use them due to the fact we have seen many broken bands and also broken servo clips. If you want an aftermarket second servo I would look into the sonnax 2nd servo. It does have increased holding power over the factory corvette servo but also all the factory accumulation springs are used as well. Feel free to give us a call any time for advise and pricing. Thank you for your time, Vince.
Old 08-31-2006, 07:14 AM
TECH Senior Member

yea i read up on those servos, something else i was told about was the valve body, what would i go with, with one of those?....when it comes to tranny's im still in the learning phase, im more of a motor guy
Old 08-31-2006, 07:30 AM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm not quite sure what your question is here. We use the trans-go kit if that is what you are asking. Like I said if you need anything feel free to call any time. I have to get ready to get to work. Call me later if you got time.
Old 08-31-2006, 04:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

yea sorry if im confusing, like i said im not as well verused with trannys, like i am with engines....ill be checking out the website, and probably will be ordering some parts soon....