Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Guys, I need some input

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 09:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Guys, I need some input

In your opinions would this be a good first FI car:

The car is also coming with a brand new, never used 10LB pulley. It is a 2001 Magnetic red/oak 6-speed with 28k miles.

Engine:

"Built 346 by Livernois Motorsports 9 months/10k miles left on warranty and I have the build sheets!
- Rebalanced LS1 Crankshaft
- Full ARP kit...rod bolts, main studs, head studs, headers, etc
- Diamond Pistons, dished, CR 9:1
- Manley Rods
- Manley sodium filled valves
- Ported Throttle Body
- LS6 intake (stock)
- Comp cams dual valve springs
- Comp Cams Titanium Retainers
- Lunati Blower Cam 224/228 591/591
- Rollmaster double roller timing chain
- Stage III Ported C6 LS6 heads
- Ported and shimmed LS6 oil pump...oil pressure is awesome!!!
- Green Top 42LBS injectors
- Vortech V-2 with a 6 PSI pulley

Drivetrain:

- Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel
- SPEC III Clutch
- Z06 Slave
- Lingenfelter Hardened and Cryo treated 3.73 Rear

Misc:

- Blackwing Induction
- Bellanger coated headers
- Random Metal matrix cats
- Bellanger coated x-pipe
- B&B Catback
- MSD Plug wires
- Polished CCW 505A 19x10, 19x11 275/35/19 and 305/30/19 Pirelli's fronts have about
80% and rears have about 40%

Factory Options:

Only option code that this car doesn't have is the Z51 suspension. Here are a few things it has:

I might be missing something...Please feel free to ask any questions. The engine has 2500 miles on it and was broken in properly. The car dynoed 508/414 but it was only seeing just under 5 PSI because the port job on the heads is bleeding off some pressure. Car was running out of fuel up top due to the fact that the stock fuel pump is still in the car. Just the pump swap out and the car will see around 550, swap the pulley and it should be around 600-620ish at the wheels!! If the car is purchased without the CCW’s, I have the OEM (NOT repros!!) polished rims that came with the car. They have BRAND NEW G force T/A's in the back and the front BFG's have about 90% left.

Email me for pics. There is over 25k in upgrades in this car and it will not disappoint! Oh yea, I would also like to mention that this car HAS NOT been tracked. It is adult driven and maintained. Thank you."

Like I said this would be my first supercharged car and I know very little about them, but this seems like a good place to start.

Is there anything you see here that would prevent you from buying this car?

I'm already perpared to dish out the money for a new fuel pump, BAP, 60lbs injecters and get it retuned. I'll keep the 5lb pulley on it until I'm ready for more. Is there anything else you thinks it needs to be complete?

The car will serve as a part time DD, meaning I don't have to drive it everyday but would like to drive it often.

Please let me know what you guys think about the basic set up.
Of course I'll have a mechanic check it out before I make a decision.

TIA
Old 08-30-2006, 09:46 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That looks great man... Awesome start and you can work with the motor, being that it is only 9:1. Injectors, harness and pump, and PUMP it up! =) Let us know what you decide!!!