Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Baught my first z28.

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2006, 11:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Baught my first z28.

Hey guys i jsut finally purchased a 2000 m6 camaro z28, and have a list of a few mods and was wondering what kind of power increase i might see ?

-fidanza aluminum flywheel
-centerforce dual friciton clutch
-slp loud mouth cat back exhaust
-slp ram air intake kit with air box, K&N air filter, smooth bellows, and slp MAF sensor
-LS6 intake manifold
- cam (not sure which cam yet but im thinking a lunati voodoo cam that makes power from mid to high range.
-crane cams lifters, pushrods, adn gold race roller rockers, not sure on ratio either.
and the last is a dyno tune. Juat wondering what i might see if thats evan possible i know its a long list. thanx alot guys.
Old 09-02-2006, 11:18 AM
Staging Lane

u should know the power from the dyno tune.
Old 09-02-2006, 11:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

yea i know but i was jsut wondering if oyu guys had a ball park i could ponder on until it is all baught and installed becasue it wont be until after winter.
Old 09-02-2006, 11:24 AM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

"-fidanza aluminum flywheel
-centerforce dual friciton clutch
-slp loud mouth cat back exhaust
-slp ram air intake kit with air box, K&N air filter, smooth bellows, and slp MAF sensor
-LS6 intake manifold
- cam (not sure which cam yet but im thinking a lunati voodoo cam that makes power from mid to high range.
-crane cams lifters, pushrods, adn gold race roller rockers, not sure on ratio either.
and the last is a dyno tune. Juat wondering what i might see if thats evan possible i know its a long list. thanx alot guys"

skip the maf, it makes it real hard for the tuner to tune. The stock lifters and rocker arms are fine. You will have to get new valvesprings and retainers at least for any cam swap. I dont see headers on your list but if you dont get them your going to be choking your car, especially with a cam. If you do get them I wouldnt get the loudmouth exhaust or it will sound like ***.

With a good cam and headers Ill guess maybe 375-385, add a ported tb and underdrive pulley and hit 400rwhp or more with a bigger cam.
Old 09-02-2006, 11:36 AM
TECH Enthusiast

yea i wasnt going to get headers because i just want the car to have a little bit more power to the point where i can hang with teh turbocharged hondas around my house or around 400 hp at the wheels. I dont want to get to crazy with the NA engine because after i am satisfied with the car i am going to save for a forged short block from W2W and twin turbo kit from gmr. So i dont want to dump a ton of money into the stock ls1 jsut enough to hol dme over for a few years,
Old 09-02-2006, 11:42 AM
TECH Regular

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

if you want 400 to the wheels your probably going to want headers. My pacesetters cost me 390 shipped and werent that bad to put in at all. Plus with the x-pipe it sounds badass. Check the sig if you want to hear it. If you want the best setup your going to want headers.
Old 09-02-2006, 11:45 AM
TECH Enthusiast

yea i thougth i might buy headers, and ive also herd that teh loudmouth sound like complete crap with LTs waht exhasut shoudl i get then that will sound fine with them
Old 09-02-2006, 11:50 AM
12 Second Club

Tsp rumbler+ y-pipe sounds really good , go to ls1sounds.com to check out what u prefer.