LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Belated Thanks to LPE...

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 09:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Belated Thanks to LPE...

with the failure of FFHP i can finally say thanks,to the LS1 Tech community anyway,to LPE and Ed Potter.
about 2 yrs ago i sent FFHP a set of 5.3 heads for some mild porting and upgraded valves,springs,etc.to make a long story short,it took almost 6 months to get them back.when i recieved them,there was metal shavings in the ports,and the exhaust valves were the wrong size.not to mention the heads had some water on them when i took the plastic wrapping off!
anyway,at this point i was fed up and called LPE to see about going thru the heads and making sure everything was allright with them. after talking to Ed Potter he told me to bring them down that fri.and they would get to them as soon as they could,but only if i DID NOT slam FFHP on the boards or talk about LPE fixing their work.i agreed.
by this time i was limited on funds and had to spend what little money i had left carefully.exactly 1 WEEK later my heads were done.(cleaned the heads,pressure tested,checked spring pressures and installed heights,installed 2.02 int.valves,CNC'd the combustion chambers, their valve job and blended the seats into the bowls.and flowed 1 set of ports before and after.
did they give me a break on labor or parts?no.the bill came up to over 700.00.but at the time they were in the middle of developing the Edlebrock heads,along with their usual work load.even tho i was just 1 guy who wasn't spending a wad of money with them they went out of their way,IMO,to help me out.
plus the fact that Ed made me promise not to mention LPE fixing somebody else's mistakes show's class.