Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

JEGS xpipe... anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 09:28 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default JEGS xpipe... anyone?

Anyone ever use the JEG's universal xpipe setup... i already have it ordered and I'm aware that I may have to have some of the tubing bent... but I was wondering if anyone has used this setup.

I know you were not posting anything non-sponsor related in here.

I'm also thinking i may order band clamps to use instead of those U-clamps.
COming with this will be my Dynomax bullets... and all this will be off of those ebay longtubes..

Last edited by orangeapeel; 09-05-2006 at 09:15 PM.
Old 09-04-2006, 10:32 PM
12 Second Club

im going to get it when i get my ebay headers
Old 09-05-2006, 02:17 PM
Teching In

Yea, I have. It is work but it can be done. I went true 3 inch duals over the axle to the bumper using the stock SS tips, 40 series race flowmasters, Jegs X, and pacesetter long tubes.
X-pipe was a little short on the driver side meating the header and the mufflers went under the back seat. I used two pair of 3" to 3" 3 bolt hooker collectors so unbolting from the headers would be easy for trans/engine removal.
Old 09-05-2006, 02:23 PM
Teching In

you will have to weld it, not clamp it. It is not as easy as sliping the pipes to gether and clamping it. Some of the pipes will be off enough that you cannot slip it together, you just butt the pipes together and weld, plus clamps look like crap. PM me your e-mail and I will send a pic if it will help.
Old 09-05-2006, 08:51 PM
TECH Resident

I have a Summit universal X-pipe. No, it's not Jeg's, but close enough I'm sure. It does not fit our cars (F-bodies) too well. That is because this universal system is meant for cars with headers going straight back. Whereas with our cars, the collectors are angled outward to accomodate a Y-pipe. My muffler dudes had to add a few pieces of tubing to get things to match up. And they did not tuck up too well either. I have yet to measure the clearance, but I can barely make it over a well-worn speed bump with no lowering at all. I really need to find a way to get things better tucked so I can lower my car some...Or I may end up going with a Y-pipe and a couple cut-outs at the header-collectors. But other than the clearance issues, this system sounds absolutely amazing with my Dynomax Bullets dumped. I get compliments all the time! It also put down some good numbers with nothing but the exhaust and a lid (330/340).