Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Mirror Suggestions?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 05:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mirror Suggestions?

So basically, and I assure you I have no idea how, but my mirror came out of my the actual side molding on my 1994 Trans Am.

Its only the actual glass mirror part that I need...
And I cant just "snap it back in" because all the screws more or less are lost now or broke.

Obviously its a power mirror, and I already ordered the part.

The only way to get the screws any everything needed was to order the entire mirror, the entire part that is on my drivers side door.

Now when I get the new part, is it safte to just, snap out the new one, and snap it back into my already existing, FINE, Mirror Assembly.

Or would I be safer replacing the whole thing since I've got the part (Idk what color it will be, either)?

Also, whatever you suggest, please let me know how to go about doing, as I have no CLUE how to remove the entire assembly.

I'm so tired of driving around with electrical tape holding on my mirror
Old 09-05-2006, 07:28 PM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

I'd just slap the new inner workings of the mirror into your mirror housing. That way the paint will match. More than likely the mirror you ordered will arrive in unpainted Black plastic.

To get it off the car, just remove the triangular plastic panel on the inside of the door (that's right behind the mirror). There are a few screws and/or nuts behind that plastic piece that holds the mirror on the car. My car didn't have much extra wiring inside the door for the power part of the mirror, so that might be a little difficult to unattach and reattach. It's not a hard job at all.
Old 09-05-2006, 10:01 PM
Teching In

So I should be able to just pull out the mirror from the new housing, and snap it into my old housing without any problems, right?
Old 09-06-2006, 08:05 AM
'Bird Director

Location: Central Indiana Honors: 4th grade spelling bee contestant
Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackTransAm_94
So I should be able to just pull out the mirror from the new housing, and snap it into my old housing without any problems, right?
It's held into the housing by a couple of screws if I remember correctly.
Old 09-06-2006, 09:20 AM
Teching In

Yeah those screws are what moves the mirror

Quick Reply: Mirror Suggestions?