Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Shift Kits

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 12:23 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shift Kits

Didnt see too much about these i want to get more performance out of my A4 not sure where to start any tips ? looking for smoother and quicker shifts
thanks
Old 09-07-2006, 01:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well the shifts sure won't be smoother with a shift kit, they will be a lot harder.
Old 09-07-2006, 01:05 PM
TECH Resident

you're not going to get smoother and quicker. it's one or the other. Smoother shifts is when the transmission slips into gear, the slower it slips the smoother it is. The quicker it slips the harder it is. there is tons of information surprised you didn't find anything. I just did a search last night.
Old 09-07-2006, 01:45 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Default Performance Smooth shifts ?

The very concept of a smooth shifting performance transmission is and odd ideology , I saw this thread an decided to address this , By the very nature of things smooth shifting is not a good thing in performance or heavy duty use , Basically smooth means slipping ,In order to avoid the shock of the shift the frictions ae allowed to slip on the plates much like you do with a clutch in a standad transmission and just as with and standard this makes heat , Im sure everyone has smelled a stanard clutch burning smell and also it increases wear on the frictions , This in a high power situation is compounded by the higher torque of the engine , The factory basically tried to make a compromise the trans is mae to shift smooth under light throttle and some preasure in crease is allowed for high throttle situation , But the assumption was that the car would spend 99 percent of its life just drivng under light throttle and at the factory hourse power ratings , In the case of performance enthusist this is not the case and the factoy shift set up is inadequate fo even the stock engine used this way much less one with a couple hundred extra horses under the hood , So a shift kit is a good idea for durabilty in HP situations as long as you dont go to far since as with the factory frictions and the tuning of the trans the factory hard parts in particular the sunshell was only designed to take so much and is a compromise , to soft you will burn frictions particularly the 3-4 in this unit , but to hard and you will break the sun shell or rip through the band pin , I personally Like the transgo kit if your going to install it your self and would suggest using the medium level for shift s with only a couple shims in acumulators or none , This way you will greatly improve durability and not have as much danger of breaking something ,
Just my opinion
PerformaBuilt
Old 09-07-2006, 02:35 PM
Banned

TransGo Performance Shift Kits

Sold by many of our great sponsors over there---->

Last edited by Patrick G; 09-07-2006 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Non-sponsor link is a no no...
Old 09-07-2006, 06:45 PM
FLT
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I sell the transgo hd-2 for $95. Also we are running a free shipping special.