Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Pacesetter/TSP Catted Y Problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 09:10 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pacesetter/TSP Catted Y Problems

1. I had Pacesetters, TSP catted y and Magnalflow cat back put on my car. First of all the fan comes on and WILL NOT SHUT OFF. Any body else have problems with this when running headers? I had the computer reprogrammed by TSP to get rid of the rear O2's and to add more fuel for the shot I'm going to run, could this have anything to do with it?

2. And it is ticking from under the driver side, right where the header meets the Y pipe and it gets worse as I get on it. Naturally I'm thinking exhaust leak but my mechanic said it was one of the cats ticking. I have never heard a cat tick like this and it sounds like SH*T. Anybody else have this problem with this or close to this setup? It has to be an exhaust leak right? I am quite frustrated right now as my car sounds like hell and I have very little to no time to work on it so any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 09-14-2006, 12:17 PM
Launching!

Any thoughts?
Old 09-14-2006, 06:47 PM
Launching!

One more try....I'm taking the car to an exhaust shop tomorrow to fix the leak but anyone have any thoughts on the fan problem?
Old 09-15-2006, 09:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

You will hear more of a tick from the motor with the longtube headers. I noticed a lot more sound coming from the motor than before. I thought it was a check valve gone. All my buddies with longtubes have the same tick sound.