Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

T-Top Storage Bag?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 05:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T-Top Storage Bag?

Do they still make these? I remember back in the day they had them but havent seen any recently. So, are they available for tops on a 01 TA? I put a sub box where the tops would normally go and need something i can store them in and set them in the backseat.
Old 09-17-2006, 10:14 AM
On The Tree

Bump.....
Old 09-17-2006, 10:31 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A storage bag for t-tops on a 4th gen f-body was never supplied by GM. I know they were supplied on 3rd Gen models equipped with t-tops.

You should try the aftermarket to find one or find out if the storage bag used on the 3rd gen f-body would work with the 4th gen t-tops.

Best of luck.
Old 09-17-2006, 11:36 AM
On The Tree

I've tried looking through some sites and doin a google search but couldnt come up with anything recent. The only bags i seem to find are for the 70/80's TA's.
Old 09-17-2006, 12:51 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by LiveDakota
I've tried looking through some sites and doin a google search but couldnt come up with anything recent. The only bags i seem to find are for the 70/80's TA's.
I am still amazed that my 79 TA T-tops never shattered cuz those bags, sliding around in the trunk all those years were prime for getting smashed up. At least in the 3rd gens SOME of the cars had a way to secure them from moving around. :\
Old 09-17-2006, 01:01 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Rottluver
I am still amazed that my 79 TA T-tops never shattered cuz those bags, sliding around in the trunk all those years were prime for getting smashed up. At least in the 3rd gens SOME of the cars had a way to secure them from moving around. :\
Yeah, i know what you mean. I can use the seatbelts to hold them in place in the back seat, i just need a bag to keep them from getting scratched up and such. Its beginning to look like im going to have to get some leather and foam and pull out the sewing machine and make my own, lol.
Old 09-17-2006, 01:03 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by LiveDakota
Yeah, i know what you mean. I can use the seatbelts to hold them in place in the back seat, i just need a bag to keep them from getting scratched up and such. Its beginning to look like im going to have to get some leather and foam and pull out the sewing machine and make my own, lol.
Might wanna try to give some of the F-Body wrecking yards a call.........maybe they will have some 3rd Gens to look in?

Quick Reply: T-Top Storage Bag?