Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 - Gauges

View Full Version : Gauges

67GoatPimp
09-22-2006, 12:31 PM
What after market gauges match the firebird/ta gauges the best, i've been searching, but haven't found what I'm looking for.

Captainofiron
09-22-2006, 04:45 PM
It really all depends on taste, The ones that I have liked the most were a custom set on a WS6 in GMHTP magazine.

They were silver and had the screaming chicken symbol in the corner of the tach. Looked really sweet.

67GoatPimp
09-23-2006, 02:13 AM
Let me rephrase. I'm looking for a boost and fuel pressure gauge that closely match the stock gauges.I've got an innovative motorsports wideband already, but it's got white numbers so it'll gow ith anything. Another option if possible, would be to backlight my current gauges white if it's possible, in which case I know exactly which gauges I would go with. Any input?

y2k_ta
09-23-2006, 07:56 AM
Let me rephrase. I'm looking for a boost and fuel pressure gauge that closely match the stock gauges.I've got an innovative motorsports wideband already, but it's got white numbers so it'll gow ith anything. Another option if possible, would be to backlight my current gauges white if it's possible, in which case I know exactly which gauges I would go with. Any input?

Search for a shop that can rescreen the faces of whatever guages you end up buying. I've seen that done on a few shows before....they took modern guages and made them look old by redoing the guage faces.

67GoatPimp
09-23-2006, 09:33 PM
I'm not looking to go crazy here, I was just wondering if anyone knew of some aftermarket gauges that closely matched the t/a gauges. Is it possible to change the backlighting?

Captainofiron
09-25-2006, 06:30 PM
I found some on summit I think they are the VDO brand IMO, they are the VDO cockpit gauges, and also I kinda think the Autometer sport comp 2 series look similar.

67GoatPimp
09-26-2006, 09:46 AM
I was looking at the Nexus gauges, black face, any color backlit.