Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Missing 2nd gear

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2006, 08:45 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unhappy Missing 2nd gear

I get a couple dumb *** points for this one. I was driving home today and saw a completly riced out camary that had a wing, dragon on the side, neons, monster tach and all. I look over and he said he would do it if he had a V8. I smiled and he reved his engine. I took off normally and punched it when I got to about 4k and shifted or thought i did at around 5.5 anyway it reved up to like 6.5 and I just let it wind down and put it into 4th. Is it bad missing a shift? Besides reving the **** out of the engine. I guess I just need to hammer it into gears like a man.
Old 09-24-2006, 10:09 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i did the same, but worse , i got locked out of 2nd, banged the rev limiter and grinded the hell out of 2nd when it was 1/2 way into the gear.
Old 09-24-2006, 10:27 PM
11 Second Club

oh yeah i have blown second gear into peices, hence the viper internals now, then i have blown the stock 10 bolt three times twice into 2nd once into 3rd, hence the 9"
Old 09-25-2006, 08:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by @nthony
i did the same, but worse , i got locked out of 2nd, banged the rev limiter and grinded the hell out of 2nd when it was 1/2 way into the gear.

how do you get locked out of second gear going wot?

You should be fine..everyone misses a shift once in a while. I was at the track and i was going into second..thought I missed(or clutch was slipping) it because i was smacking the rev limiter, realized the tires were spinning bad.
Old 09-26-2006, 12:44 AM
TECH Veteran

very notchy shifts in my trans. i can feel the gear when sliding into the gear slow or fast. doing it slow i grind.

Originally Posted by BrandonDrecksage
how do you get locked out of second gear going wot?

You should be fine..everyone misses a shift once in a while. I was at the track and i was going into second..thought I missed(or clutch was slipping) it because i was smacking the rev limiter, realized the tires were spinning bad.