Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I think I decided my Winter project

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 05:04 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I think I decided my Winter project

Well now that I have full boltons for the most part, I decided I wanted to take the car to the next level. I want to have power there all the time and basically be ready to take on the 5th Gen Camaro as well as c6 vettes and such.

I estimate 430-450 rwhp ~400rwtq and should break into the 11s

Precison Race Components Stg 1.5 5.3L Heads w/ PRC platinum Springs

Torquer v2 or MS3
Hardened Pushrods
LS2 Timing Chain
(Do I need a new oil pump being that it's an 02?)
HP Tuners

I think its the best bang for buck option for me. I was gonna go cam only but everyone seems to say theres a lot at the table with heads and these run about 900$ for stage 1 (Im gettin the package with 1.5, so its got better valves and stuff). The h/c package is about 1900, ~40 for the timing chain, and then tune on top of that.

The torquer I hear from everyone is an awesome street cam and It makes awesome numbers. It isn't the T'rex but itll make amazing numbers and be extremely streetable). MS3 is also very proven. It is possible i will go with the torquer v3 or ms4 as well.

If I decide to go cam only Im thinkin the THUNDER RACING 230/236 112 lsa, I also hear that is an awesome cam only street car cam, makes mad numbers.

Should be one BAD street machine. I think In the spring ill buy some drag radials as well. Now, just gotta start savin money and get a job for some spare cash around here. Quite a bit will come out of what I saved during the summer and grad money so i should be covered and still have enough left over as long as i don't blow any on anyhting else.

Any objections or ideas, or recommendations?