Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Clutch slipping after 4000 miles (WTF)

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 10:07 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Clutch slipping after 4000 miles (WTF)

Well here's what happend last month my Ls1 got hydrolocked due to some flooding down in Abeline TX and it thru #7 & 8 rods out the side of the block. the bad thing is that i had just replaced the clutch during the 4th of July weekend i went with the RAM HD clutch set up and billet steel flywheel and also 02 slave cylinder, and also i did a cam swap i went with TSP 228R cam kit. i had put 4000 miles on all of this when the engine messed up, to make a long story short i found an LS6 engine out of an 01 Z06 vette and just got done installing it last week, yesterday was the first day i took the car out for a test drive after waiting for my computer to get re-tuned to this engine combo from TSP and my clutch slips in 5th, 6th and sometimes in 3rd, before the engine trouble i did due a few hard launches but it never sllipped or did i have any problems with it i can't understand why it will slip now after i did the engine swap. has this happend to any one else with RAM clutches?? i did bleed the slave cylinder again today and went out for another test drive and i have the same sllippage! WTF is going on here, any one has any suggestions!
Old 09-27-2006, 11:09 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

at least you got 4000 miles out of yours...mine was just installed 1200 miles ago maybe.....mine just went out wednesday 2 days ago...im pissed off.

i called and the guy i talked to acted like oh well thats what you get for buying our shitty product..which pisses me off even more.
Old 09-28-2006, 12:05 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My HD lasted 8k without the shim behind the slave, reinstalled the shim and a new clutch and i bet it will last a hell of a lot longer
Old 09-28-2006, 01:25 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ive used the shim since day 1....