User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

search

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 08:11 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default search

Can I please Get me search option move down to a reasonable time. When I have a question, I generally don't ask I try to search but its make it difficult when I don't get any responses because of the way I worded it or misspelled it and have to wait 30 sec..Please pm me with info. Thanks Josh
Old 09-28-2006, 11:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

no.

and since i have to suprass the minimum post length, i'll say no again.
Old 09-28-2006, 11:56 PM
TECH Regular

And what would the min be???? SO I guess I need to start posting meaningless post to get my count up so I can use the search like its meant to be used? oh thats right, when I don't find what I what to know in the very first post in the very first thread, I'll just post the same question thats already been asked 72405 times before..SO thats how I can get my post count up...Thanks and keep up the great work. ..opps there more more post for me!!!
Old 09-29-2006, 01:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

well at least he attempts the use of Search
Old 09-29-2006, 08:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

On a site this size, search is an incredibly resource intensive function. That is why the limits are in place, not to annoy you for mispellling werds Just get into the habit of looking at what you typed before clicking the button or hitting enter, and you'll never really think about it again. Finding what you want through search is all about "targeting" your search as well- don't use words that are very common. For example, searching for "Camaro" on here is pretty pointless - probably 40% of every post has Camaro in it Look for EXACTLY what you want, like "disc brake shields."
Old 09-29-2006, 11:08 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 46 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by joshtownsend
And what would the min be???? SO I guess I need to start posting meaningless post to get my count up so I can use the search like its meant to be used? oh thats right, when I don't find what I what to know in the very first post in the very first thread, I'll just post the same question thats already been asked 72405 times before..SO thats how I can get my post count up...Thanks and keep up the great work. ..opps there more more post for me!!!
No that's not what he meant. It had nothing to do with "post count". The minimum post length is something where you have to enter so many characters per post. He was just going to write "no" but that is only two characters, so he added that other line.

There's no search restrictions based on post count.

Quick Reply: search