Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

HPR5 Black - Made my decision.

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2006, 07:23 PM
Staging Lane

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Default HPR5 Black - Made my decision.

After months and months of searching, I believe I have made my wheel decision. I plan to go with the HPR5 in black for the black on black look I have loved my whole motoring life. Anyway, I have always been set on getting 19", but apparantly, the HPR5 is now available in 20". So, to be thorough and open minded, I am exploring the feasiblity of the "dubs". I would probably run 275/25 (stock O.D.) or 275/30 (roughly +4% O.D.).

Now before the flamethrowers come out , understand that I will be using my stock 17's for track duty. And yes I know I will be running on total rubber bands. But I live in AZ where the roads are nice and I only drive the car a couple of times/week.

I have seen several 350z/G35 running on 20's, and it looks very good....especially with the black rims that have a tendency to look smaller than gray or chrome of the same size.

So my question - could anyone who is actually running 20's please tell me their impressions or maybe post a pic? Thanks.
Old 10-01-2006, 07:43 PM
11 Second Club

Received 70 Likes on 51 Posts

honestly im trying not to be a "flamethrower" but think our cars look best with 17-18 inch rims. I'm sure they will look good whatever you do, i also love the black on black look and have been looking at the hpr5's, but keep your car a muscle car. just my .02
Old 10-01-2006, 10:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

19 also look decent but are pushing it....20's.....ummm EEWWWW
Old 10-01-2006, 10:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is a guy by where I work that has 20's on his Camaro and they don't look good. Mainly because the sidewalls are just too short. If you could find a tire with at least a 35 aspect ratio it would probably look alot better. Not to mention those things have got to be heavy! Good luck which ever way you go, its so hard to find a wheel that a thousand other people don't already have! And post some pics when you get them.