Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Need some fans.... Twin Pushers, questions!

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 02:12 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

Default Need some fans.... Twin Pushers, questions!

So i have my stuff on the way! W00t! Anyway, need some fans. I guess with the stock fans it is a close fit and i'd have to trim them. I just want to get some new ones. John is going to give me the sizes i need, He said they are the same size as the procharger ones.....? Anyway, i want twin pushers... what brand, speed, specs would you all suggest? Throw out some options for me please. Thanks

Question #2.
-Have room for another guage to monitor stuff. Have boost, fuel press, and trans temp, what would you think would be the next most beneficial if any more? I was thinking something for the engine maybe oil temp or something... whats the best to get to monitor the temp of the engine so i know where my car is operating? No wideband right now, what do you suggest? Thanks!

-Jon

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
Old 10-02-2006, 03:45 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1,736 Likes on 1,297 Posts

next gauge would be the LC1 wideband that dynotune.org sells.theres even an ls1tech discount.Just finished installing mine and its very nice to be able to monitor that youre not going too lean.As far as the fans....dual 12" pushers= FLX240 look it up on summitracing.com its what most people run including some moderators with good sucess.and theyre rediculously simple to install.
Old 10-02-2006, 03:52 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

ok good deal on the fans, i'll pick those up.
http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku This correct? im going to double check the size with John to make sure then order.

For guages, does that LC1 have a display or do you have to run it up to a laptop to get the info? Would an oil temp or water temp be beneficial to see how my motors doing? I hav a 99 so i know the water temp stock isnt very accurate.

Old 10-02-2006, 04:06 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1,736 Likes on 1,297 Posts

yes it has a gauge with it,go on there side and they have a combo w either a square or round gauge.and as far as coolant temps and stuff.its not NECESSARY but it was nice i had my aeroforce scan gauge to see what the real coolant temps were when i was having an overheating issue.
Old 10-02-2006, 04:16 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

good stuff! Im excited to finally be getting this show on the road. Parts should hopefully arrive this week! Hopefully car will also be out of the body shop by the weekend after having the pass side backed into by an escalade while it was parked at work Turbos on the way tho! John should be getting this out anyday! Watch for build thread once parts start coming in!