Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

opinions on heads/cam for my application please

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 11:58 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default opinions on heads/cam for my application please

all my mods are listed in my sig, future mods are 3.73's, and possibly a fast intake and 90mm TB, i obviously want the best performance for her but she is a DD car. as far as a cam i was thinkin about the MS4 cause of my midrange converter and i would like it to sound mean as hell too but i think the rex cam is a little to much for it. i understand camshafts way better than i do cylinder heads and i am lost when it come to picking the best ones for me, but i will say as far as labor, i am doing it myself and i do not want to have to do any special machining or anything like that. all i want to do is put a whole new valvetrain in it, bolt it all together, tune it and be done. any recommendations on lifters, rocker arms, pushrods valve springs, valves, valve seals and all other parts involved?. if so any and all help, info and opinions will be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by RocketCutlass; 10-11-2006 at 12:05 AM.
Old 10-11-2006, 09:39 AM
TECH Regular

oh and explain what i should look for when picking out cylinder heads to if yall don't mind, i really am dumb when it comes to cylinder heads
Old 10-11-2006, 09:50 AM
TECH Addict

if you are set on the ms4 call tsp and tell them what you are after and they will be able to hook you up.i am not a big fan of humongous cams for a dd and especially with a stock bottom end,something like a t2 is plenty big enough for decent peak numbers without having to spin it to the moon.the tune will make or break you.some people are able to make large cams drive great but it is alot easier to get a slightly milder setup to run smoother.
Old 10-11-2006, 10:18 AM
TECH Regular

yeah i got a great tuner down here where i'm at. he has tuned everyone that has an ls1 down here that i know.