need help plz guys

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 02:56 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default need help plz guys

i just put my tranny back in my car started it up and it did great, but like the 3rd time i started it the car started back firing bad at idle.... no hesitation, no miss or anything... just a backfire coming outa the pipes... i have true duals and it was only coming outa one side.. also was doing while holding a steady throtle going down the road.... change my plugs new exhaust gaskets as i had a exhaust leak... started it back up and its still doing the same thing....i hammered on it and it ran great... pulled very very strong...im not sure wtf is going on here.. i just changed the wires about 8000 miles or so ago... coil packs have never been changed and its got over 150k on the clock.. possibly an issue or wouldnt that cause a misfire as well? anyhelp would be greatly apperciated guys thx... Jesse
Old 10-12-2006, 03:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ProjectDuStU
i just put my tranny back in my car started it up and it did great, but like the 3rd time i started it the car started back firing bad at idle.... no hesitation, no miss or anything... just a backfire coming outa the pipes... i have true duals and it was only coming outa one side.. also was doing while holding a steady throtle going down the road.... change my plugs new exhaust gaskets as i had a exhaust leak... started it back up and its still doing the same thing....i hammered on it and it ran great... pulled very very strong...im not sure wtf is going on here.. i just changed the wires about 8000 miles or so ago... coil packs have never been changed and its got over 150k on the clock.. possibly an issue or wouldnt that cause a misfire as well? anyhelp would be greatly apperciated guys thx... Jesse
Check for a intake leak or a bad oxygen sensor on that bank...
Old 10-12-2006, 06:05 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by V6 Bird
Check for a intake leak or a bad oxygen sensor on that bank...
"left bank lean" is that a 02 sensor code? also do you have any 02 sensors or know where to get em from cheaper? thx man
Old 10-12-2006, 06:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ProjectDuStU
"left bank lean" is that a 02 sensor code? also do you have any 02 sensors or know where to get em from cheaper? thx man

That should be your front 02 sensors. Are they the factory 02 sensors?
Old 10-12-2006, 08:54 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Brian2006
That should be your front 02 sensors. Are they the factory 02 sensors?
thats what i thought... factory ummm well.... i misunderstood some advice from a friend sometime ago when i wasnt to hip about cars and really didnt know what i was doing with one....and well kinda took all the 02's off when i went true duals , cut all the lines off... i have know put knew lines on and will be installing the front 02's , i always wondered why my car ran alot harder when i got the codes cleared off
Old 10-12-2006, 10:52 PM
TECH Senior Member

ugh..... yeah that could be the source of some of your problems. 02's are kinda important
Old 10-13-2006, 01:15 AM
TECH Resident

Ya, need at least 1 set of o2 sensors. Plus should never cut anything, ziptie it out of the way or somethign but never cut....