Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

383 stroker in 93 240sx

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2006, 11:40 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 383 stroker in 93 240sx

how hard would it be to put a 383 stroker into a 240sx??? the only thing im wondering about is the oil pan because the sump is in the rear and i think it would hit the cross member...and thats why ls1's work because the pan goes forward
Old 10-15-2006, 12:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HalfTonKid
how hard would it be to put a 383 stroker into a 240sx??? the only thing im wondering about is the oil pan because the sump is in the rear and i think it would hit the cross member...and thats why ls1's work because the pan goes forward
I assume you are talking about putting an older SBC into a 240SX? If so, I don't know what oil pan people are using so I'd try to do some searching around to see if anybody has put a LT1 into one and see if you find any info.

Just remember, doens't matter if it's a 262, 265, 267, 283, 302, 305, 307, 327, 350, or 400 (the ten small blocks that Chevy made before the Gen III's, remember those since I was a kid for some reason) and even if it's a stroker motor as long as it has the regular deck height all of them are about the same size. The accessory mounting wholes on the heads won't be the same and you get center bolt value covers in what, '87 or '88 was it and the rear main seal goes to a once piece one in '86 I think. There's also certain years and newer ones where in certain vehicles they got roller rockers from the factory, was it '88 and newer pickups and something like that.

Anyway, hope this helps! For what it's worth, the 5.3L they put into newer trucks motor tranny combo's had be had for pretty cheap. Like $2K for the swap for very low mileage when I was looking around. That's pretty cheap and a good start to things and you'd then be able to use the GTO oil pan and it might be close to how much doing a 383 would cost unless you already have it. You could always stroke out the 5.3L but I don't know if that's easy to do or not.

Quick Reply: 383 stroker in 93 240sx