This shit is getting out of hand (advice)

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2006, 08:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default This **** is getting out of hand (advice)

We got a letter from our worthless bunch of asshat "neighborhood management" company (the one whom my parents for hundreds of dollars too for their useless services) about 'reports of cars speeding'. It goes on asking for descriptions of cars, and says to report to them and to call the police and all this bullshit. Id put money im one of the "speeders" and it has NOTHING to do with how fast I drive. There is a certain ******* in the neighborhood that just because it sounds fast, looks fast, means its going fast. I can be behind some women in their SUVs and there going 40mph and ill be crusing at 20. Id like to plan a counter attack for when my car gets named. For one, am I correct in assuming the police cannot do anything for a misdemeanor traffic violation they did not see? Also what do homeowners associations have the ability to do. This **** just pisses me off, because some ******* thinks he is high and mighty....Im def gonna be more rev happy now We all know reving means your going too fast....
Old 10-21-2006, 08:49 PM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 2KThunder
For one, am I correct in assuming the police cannot do anything for a misdemeanor traffic violation they did not see?

You are correct. Also tell your neighbor that you are Paul Walker filming the fast and the furious 4. That will get you by.
Old 10-21-2006, 08:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Ive never had words with him, well on halloween last year some idiot stopped in the middle of the road to chat with him and i started honking cuz i wanted to get home from work and he made the universal ******* slow down symbol I was going like 10mph lmao. He has like jumped in the street for my brother. I would have definitly had some choice words with him, I feel bad though cuz I dont want to get people made at my parents lmao, but ya gotta do what ya gotta do, ******** need to be put into line.
Old 10-21-2006, 09:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

They can't do **** to you. Same thing happen to us, my lil brother would leave huge black marks in front of his house around 1 or 2 AM every week
Old 10-21-2006, 09:31 PM
Launching!

i had the same problem with my neihbors.i had a loudmouth on my car and it was loud,but i allways did atleast 10 under the speedlimit.cops came about 4 times and they were cool with me.i swapped the LM for a borla with a cutout and seems like everybody is happy now.
Old 10-21-2006, 09:35 PM
12 Second Club

Get the neibors plates and everytime you see him out call and report him for speeding, feel free to make up details as well. See how he likes the letters.
Old 10-21-2006, 09:52 PM
On The Tree

Take a **** on his porch, it will make you feel better.
Old 10-21-2006, 10:06 PM
TECH Addict

Go talk to him face to face. I have a neighbor that was talking **** about me and my car behind my back to my next door neighbor and the police. My next door neighbor told me what he had said so I went up to his house rang the bell and confronted him face to face in front of his family. He now knows he's not as big as he thought he was and I didn't even have to lay a hand on him.
Old 10-21-2006, 10:27 PM
TECH Resident

I agree with you, confront them face to face. If you are driving under the legal limit (like I do as well) just to be safe then that's all you can do. That will probably quell most of this crap. If you go do burn outs or some crap they'll just do something back. The idea is to squash the whole deal and move forward. What do I know, I lean to the left and like to resolve problems. If you lean to the right and like to attack, well do some burn outs
Old 10-21-2006, 11:46 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by jeffstar
If you lean to the right and like to attack, well do some burn outs
i would say have a video camera present for the theatrics but that wouldnt be just a great idea to have video evidence that you did it lol
Old 10-22-2006, 12:15 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Red00
Take a **** on his porch, it will make you feel better.

Old 10-22-2006, 09:50 AM
TECH Cry Baby BOSS APPROVED!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Go hit on his wife.
Old 10-22-2006, 10:35 AM
TECH Addict

Ewww, the ones that complainare usually old MF's, his wife prolly looks like a hag.

Originally Posted by Urban Legend
Go hit on his wife.
Old 10-22-2006, 10:56 AM
TECH Addict

ive had the same happend to me on different times. at one point my neighbor said i was doing wheelies and driving on 2 wheels ( i was in my 89 fox at the time). well eventually about 4 cops showed at my house. we talked and nothing came about it. they will get over it. they have nothing better to do than watch us have fun while they cant . they are just jealous of us.
Old 10-22-2006, 11:30 AM
On The Tree

ive got a loud car and a loud motorcycle if the neighbors dont like the noise they can move
Old 10-22-2006, 11:40 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by stevensLS1
well eventually about 4 cops showed at my house.
No crime in Houston? KATRINA!!111
Old 10-22-2006, 12:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BIG ED'S 35TH SS
ive got a loud car and a loud motorcycle if the neighbors dont like the noise they can move

I agree with this one....

Personally, I tend to take it easy in my neighborhood - too many kids for one thing. Besides I have the pathetically quiet stock exhaust.

If someone DID complain, I'd drop that bad boy down into 1st gear and cruise by at about 3k on the tach every single time I went by their house

Someone can check, but I don't think 3-4k on the tach in 1st gear is "speeding" in most neighborhoods
Old 10-22-2006, 04:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I think there is too much "if the neighbors complain I'm just gonna rev louder/do burnouts." I'm going to guess that most of the people saying this aren't home owners .

I'd be pissed if I moved into a nice neighborhood, spent 150+ grand on a home, and had to put up with some rev happy neighbors. The letter from HOA (or whoever the association is called) is a nice way to politely ask you to help preserve peace in the community. However, the fact that someone dares to ask you to drive more quietly seems to offend you, even though you know what the problem is. Come on, be an adult about this.

Here's good advice:

I agree with you, confront them face to face. If you are driving under the legal limit (like I do as well) just to be safe then that's all you can do. That will probably quell most of this crap. If you go do burn outs or some crap they'll just do something back. The idea is to squash the whole deal and move forward. What do I know, I lean to the left and like to resolve problems. If you lean to the right and like to attack, well do some burn outs
Keep the peace. Maybe that neighbor stops someone from breaking into your car some night .

Ryan
Old 10-22-2006, 04:32 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 96-speed
I think there is too much "if the neighbors complain I'm just gonna rev louder/do burnouts." I'm going to guess that most of the people saying this aren't home owners .

I'd be pissed if I moved into a nice neighborhood, spent 150+ grand on a home, and had to put up with some rev happy neighbors. The letter from HOA (or whoever the association is called) is a nice way to politely ask you to help preserve peace in the community. However, the fact that someone dares to ask you to drive more quietly seems to offend you, even though you know what the problem is. Come on, be an adult about this.

Here's good advice:

Keep the peace. Maybe that neighbor stops someone from breaking into your car some night .

Ryan
i agree here. dont go off revving your car and doing burnouts. you will then be classified at domestic rice. i know having a good sounding car is good and its your car and you want it a certain way but also keep in mind of others and let them enjoy there peace.. basically why not look at getting different exhaust? crazy yes i am. practical yes also.
Old 10-22-2006, 05:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

I had the same problem when i moved here. I would drive by this guys house everyday and set his car alarm off my Z was Louder than usual in the mornings ( duh cold start up) he called the cops saying i was going by and Reving at his house. ..Cops show up tell me to cool it (even though its my car but ok). Week later he alled the cops on me cuz my car had a coolant leak luckily i made it to my driveway and it leaked out. He called the ******* EPA. I played the "im not from here" and got off. He always managed to come talk to my parents when i was at school so he didnt confront me one day he went to tattle and I answered the door and had a chat with him. Like many others i say talk to him face to face.

Quick Reply: This shit is getting out of hand (advice)