Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Overflowing Radiator Coolant

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 07:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Overflowing Radiator Coolant

WELL ITS MY RADIATOR OVERFLOW IN MY 2000 TRANS AM. mY RADIATOR ITSELF DOENT LEAK AND I HAVENT NOTICED MY TEMP. GUAGE MOVING.ALOT OF MY COOLANT SPILLS OUT THROUGH THE OVERFLOW NEXT TO THE BATTERY.I RECENTLY NOTICED THAT IT ONLY DOES THIS WHEN I TURN ON MY A/C. I DO HAVE A 160 THERMOSTAT, COULD THAT BE IT? ANYONE EVER HAVE THIS PROBLEM? HELP!!
Old 10-25-2006, 08:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Clogged A/C condensor (which sits in front of engine coolant radiator).
Old 10-25-2006, 08:43 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MissiontireT/A
WELL ITS MY RADIATOR OVERFLOW IN MY 2000 TRANS AM. mY RADIATOR ITSELF DOENT LEAK AND I HAVENT NOTICED MY TEMP. GUAGE MOVING.ALOT OF MY COOLANT SPILLS OUT THROUGH THE OVERFLOW NEXT TO THE BATTERY.I RECENTLY NOTICED THAT IT ONLY DOES THIS WHEN I TURN ON MY A/C. I DO HAVE A 160 THERMOSTAT, COULD THAT BE IT? ANYONE EVER HAVE THIS PROBLEM? HELP!!
That same damn thing happen to me Today. It just overflowed for no reason. It scared the **** out of me because i dont have the money to repair anything. After i checked it out it ran good. I thought maybe i put to much coolant in but i doubt it.

How much does the AC condensor cost?