Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TQ Convertor install need help

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 09:05 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default TQ Convertor install need help

How do I go about installing my convertor. I've got the engine & trans out on the ground. I want to put the convertor and everything I can back together before I roll the engine,k-member, trans back under the car.

So my question is mainly what do I have to specificly do to install the convertor to the tranny and flexplate. I haven't ever do a convertor install before just clutch and flywheel installs.

If it matters this is on my BBC and 700R4 trans for the 95 Z.

Last edited by cwaldt; 10-26-2006 at 09:14 AM.
Old 10-26-2006, 10:23 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Place converter in transmission, support it and rotate it in , it will drop back into pump when fully inserted converter face mounting pads should be around 3/4 to 1 inch recessed from bellhousing face ,Never actually measured it but thats and aproximation ,
Raise tranny up and bolt to engine block making sure that the converter remains easily turned during bolt up, once trans its bolted to block converter should be able to be turned by hand , If not STOP backup and try again its not seated in pump , If it does turn , Rotate flex plate you will find one hole is not round , Put this bolt in first , do not use bolts to pull converter to flex plate use your hand or a small screw drive between pump and converter, tighten this bolt snug , Then install the others then go back around and tighten again , Also some blue locktight is a good idea if available
hope this helps

Call 888-744-6542

Old 10-26-2006, 10:37 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

when rotating the converter while pushing it in the tranny...it will click 3x. make sure it does or its not seated all the way.
Old 10-26-2006, 11:06 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the help. Hopefull I can start on working on this tonight. I want to hook everything that I can up before I install the motor, trans, etc with the new k-member.