Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

build boost with stock supercharger on the street?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2006, 10:40 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default build boost with stock supercharger on the street?

Someone was mentioning today that while driving a friends grand prix gtp they were trying to build boost to take off faster fromc a stop. I think it was an automatic too so I can't see how they got this idea (clutch dump from 4k would mean probably more boost than from 1k but its an automatic). How is that really plausible, isn't a supercharger directly linked to engine rpm, they can't lag. Generally speaking a supercharger has more ***** at lower rpms than turbo applications depending on the set up. I know people with turbo diesels who try and spool them up when racing each other (redneck part of Indiana), but am I right in thinking this guy is retarded? I've never driven a car as.....slow as a gtp so I don't know, but he thinks it's cool and I don't wanna hate.
Old 10-26-2006, 10:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its the same principal as a turbo(kinda). What does higher boost do to power? It increases it, so basically if you are stalling your car off the line and building boost, you are just going to be leaving with that much more power..