Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Fuel Cell ???

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 02:42 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Cell ???

From what i have read on a couple different threads is 98 F cars came w/ a metal fuel cell .. has anyone tryed sumping one of these. You would have the advantage of keeping it in the stock location and useing a stock fuel gauge sender. All you would have to do is buy a sump from summit or jegs and weld it on there .. correct me if I am wrong ???
Old 10-30-2006, 03:09 PM
Launching!

you are correct. to clean out the stock tank use alot of laundry detergent,the powder kind. fill the tank up with water half way, pour in a whole box and just let the water over fill the tank and get all the fuel out before you try to weld it up.

but yes that is all you need is that sump kit.
Old 10-30-2006, 03:46 PM
Staging Lane

i have a 02 ta so i would have to buy the tank so would you suggest doing this or buying the nasty performance tank ?? i herd of a couple problems (from previous threads) one being its hard to get the fuel level gauge to read right and the vent is below the filler neck so when you fill up it will start to drain out the vent... suggestions?
Old 10-30-2006, 04:04 PM
FormerVendor

You will also need to have the tank sealed by a radiator shop to prevent rusting. And if you get the weld to not leak you are very close to the cost of one of our tanks.

We have fixed the sender issue with a new piece. And the vent is installer issues I have not had any problems nor have I had any other shops installing them have issues. Most of the guys have figured out how to do it correctly.

Nate
Old 10-31-2006, 05:29 PM
Staging Lane

thanks