Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Fog suggestions and quick ?? about headlights

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2006, 03:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fog suggestions and quick ?? about headlights

Getting tired of the fact that my fogs need new bulb every few months seemingly. Also, I noticed the other day while changing the passenger side that the bulb had come loose (probably didn't seat it deep enough) and actually melted part of the lens. Since they're getting dull anyway I'm looking into replacing them.

On a search I saw a little info on some that can be found for around 60 or so at any general autoparts store like autozone. Are these pretty much a direct bolt-in? Also, will they come with the new wiring harness? I'm assuming I can just splice it into the old wiring using a clip connecter like in the other thread.

How easy is it to find bulbs for those, just as common as regular TA fog bulbs?

I'm also thinking of going with a new headlight setup when my headlights go again. Am I right in thinking I can pick up a halogen bulb, dremel out the bulb from my old housing, and seal in the new halogen? Right now I'm just running the sealed beam sylvania replacements...

Thanks
Old 10-30-2006, 04:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You can use the Cyberwhites or Angel Eyes (have a halo around the lens) if you want to go the less expensive way. They can be found at Pep Boys or Advanced Auto. The Angel Eyes are more expensive but can be found for cheaper online.

Or you could use the PIAA lights which are built better and are brighter than above - but are more expensive. I have the PIAA's - couldn't find them locally so I bought online.

None of the lights mentioned above are a PnP with your factory brackets - they will have to be modified. There used to be a thread here somewhere that explained how to do it. The wiring is pretty much PnP though.

Bulbs for any above are easy to find as they are a standard halogen bulb.

As far as the headlights go... they make aftermarket housings that are just as your sealed beams, but use replaceable halogen bulbs (many styles available). There are threads here about that upgrade also if you do a search. Housings are $55 for a pair and 'good' bulbs usually run around the same amount for a pair. You can cut off the ends of you factory bulb harness and crimp on the needed terminals, or buy the adpater harness online as I did so no hacking is necessary.

-Jay-

Quick Reply: Fog suggestions and quick ?? about headlights