Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Valve cover spacers?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2006, 07:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Valve cover spacers?

Has anyone used them? Thunder racing sells them and I was wondering if they are prone to leaking. Just installed comps pro magnum rockers and the drivers side poly locks hold the cover up a 1/4" despite comps advertising that they will fit under stock valve covers with no machinig or modifications.

I don't want to remove the PCV splash tray as it dosen't use/suck up any oil into the intake manifold. Removing this might cause it to need a catch can and I am trying to avoid this.
Any thoughts?
Old 11-02-2006, 01:01 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have Pro Mags on two trucks. I ground the rivets off of the sheet metal deflector to get the cover to fit. I don't think that deflector does a whole lot. Have you seen the cost of the those spacers? At that price the die grinder came off of the shelf real quick. I don't have a problem with crankcase pressure, but there's nothing wrong with running a catch can. Top Fuel has one for each bank.
Old 11-02-2006, 01:42 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Most of the stud mount rockers or poly locks require a taller valve cover. I was gonna see if you were willing to remove the splash tray, but that does seem like it might cause an oil issue.

Let me move this over to the external section.