Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Parchment Interior Question

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2006, 07:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parchment Interior Question

I am doing a interior color change on a 1967 Firebird. I am going to code 260 Parchment. All of the reproduction Vinyls for the seats and door panels, etc appear to be a "gold" yellow cast. I mix automotive paints for a living and have and actual DuPont interior chip from 1967 and for the color Parchment. When mixing the color matched the interior chip perfect. This chip is an off white color not a yellow color. Also the vinyl color code 1 ivory is an off white. My questions is this, is the reproduction interior colors being produced in the wrong shade of white for these cars? I think the UV has changed the original vinyl samples and the reproduction companies are matching the color to a UV destroyed sample. Why would the factory of used an off white vinyl top, an off white metal interior trim color and a gold/yellow tone seat color. Nothing even looks like it matches with the reproduction vinyl. If anyone knows the correct shade or a supplier for the interior for this issue any help or information would be appreciated.