General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Is it possible the ceramic composite on the rear defroster can flake off and smear

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 04:58 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Is it possible the ceramic composite on the rear defroster can flake off and smear

the glass? There's some crap on the glass, and it won't wipe off.
Old 11-05-2006, 04:02 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i highly doubt this....ive honestly never heard of that happening....personally if you ride enough with the windows down....crap flies back there....i have to clean my back window once a week because of how dirty the INSIDE gets because i ride alot with the windows down.....just look around to and see if any of the lines have begun to chip
Old 11-05-2006, 08:55 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by staringback05
i highly doubt this....ive honestly never heard of that happening....personally if you ride enough with the windows down....crap flies back there....i have to clean my back window once a week because of how dirty the INSIDE gets because i ride alot with the windows down.....just look around to and see if any of the lines have begun to chip
Yeah, I did clean a lot of dirt/dust/grime of it, but that crap is in a few different places. I wiped it with my finger and looked at it and it had kind of a luster to it. I didn't really spend much time investigating, but I'll try to do so today sometime. Thanks.