Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Just another billet grille question....

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 05:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just another billet grille question....

Do they ALL mount over the existing grill or as the only grill? I noticed the Stull for instance advertises it bolts right on OVER the stock grill, but a lot of the other brands at least the pics I can find have no other grill behind it. I have a white car and it would be a PITA to get behind it painted, so I want to leave the stock one on there and unsure of what brands I can use. Thanks!
Old 11-04-2006, 05:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine fit in place of the original. You could probably tape off the front of your car and paint behind there a flat black to look good.
Old 11-04-2006, 06:54 PM
11 Second Club

Received 69 Likes on 50 Posts

yea most ive seen have replaced the existing grille and as mentioned jsut paint it flat black behind and it looks amazing
Old 11-04-2006, 07:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think most all of the good ones replace the factory grill. The Stull ones (imho the nicest) in fact do replace the stocker as of course do all of the SLP/GM ones (bowties, etc.).

I think it is only the flimsy ebay cheapies (really thin or mesh style) that might go on over with zip ties or whatever. I tried putting my Stull in place like that an it looked terrible. Having another grill jut out even a 1/2" in front of the factory one looks ridiculous.

Simply put don't do it if you aren't game on pulling the factory grill and blacking the area out. It has to be done imho.

Quick Reply: Just another billet grille question....