Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Can you polish over wax??

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2006, 06:14 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can you polish over wax??

I've already polished my Camaro and then put wax on. And since the wax acts as a sealer would polishing it again be pointless? I want a deeper shine that's why I want to polish it. So what do I do?? I really don't want to wash w/ dawn or something to take all the wax/polish off and start over....
Old 11-04-2006, 06:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by toofazt
I've already polished my Camaro and then put wax on. And since the wax acts as a sealer would polishing it again be pointless? I want a deeper shine that's why I want to polish it. So what do I do?? I really don't want to wash w/ dawn or something to take all the wax/polish off and start over....
Use a car wash soap like maguires, it wont strip your wax off and yes you can poish right over a surface that has been waxed.
Old 11-04-2006, 07:41 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Jeremiah
Use a car wash soap like maguires, it wont strip your wax off and yes you can poish right over a surface that has been waxed.
So I won't be waisting my time at all polishing over the wax but I still need to wax it again after the polish? Seems like the polish would take the wax off?
Old 11-04-2006, 08:47 PM
Teching In

Polishing rubs out anything that is already on the car. If it can burn paint ot can certainly take out wax. I actually took some paint off an edge when polishing.
Old 11-04-2006, 09:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Polish is an abrasive, it will remove wax, and paint for that matter. Still would recommend washing with a car wash thats purpose is to remove wax. then polish, and yes, you have to rewax after polishing.
Old 11-05-2006, 02:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by nasty99WS6
Polish is an abrasive, it will remove wax, and paint for that matter. Still would recommend washing with a car wash thats purpose is to remove wax. then polish, and yes, you have to rewax after polishing.
+1.....

Quick Reply: Can you polish over wax??