Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

stang lsx motor plate and headers mass produced

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 05:05 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default stang lsx motor plate and headers mass produced

i just got off the phone with a shop and they have done various mustang lsx swaps and they are willing to produce motor plates for about $100 and 1 3/4 headers for about $900. there needs to be atleast 5 people seroiusly commited for the headers. everyone should be on the same page as far as what they are using for mounts, be it tubular k or motor plate or whatever. im going to order the motor plate within the next two weeks. im done messing with mounts.
Old 11-10-2006, 06:15 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

whoever buys the headers will have to be sure to buy the same k-member that they were fabbed up using. it would help to find that out and also what shop is it anyway? curious.

also, $900 isn't all that bad, but buying a set of good used Mac 351W Fox body swap headers with the 1 3/4" primaries and having the pass side head flange swaped and likely 3 primary tubes cut & rerouted might be a little less and also be completely custom built to your personal cars specs. this is what was used/done to my headers. but like i said, $900 is very reasonable. i wonder what it would cost to have them coated too?
Old 11-11-2006, 08:30 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Motor Plates

Originally Posted by kosmo38
i just got off the phone with a shop and they have done various mustang lsx swaps and they are willing to produce motor plates for about $100 and 1 3/4 headers for about $900. there needs to be atleast 5 people seroiusly commited for the headers. everyone should be on the same page as far as what they are using for mounts, be it tubular k or motor plate or whatever. im going to order the motor plate within the next two weeks. im done messing with mounts.

Where is this shop located? What type of material are the plates made from? Aluminum 6061-T6, Mild Steel? What year of mustang will the plates fit? Does it come with all the acc. parts such as bolts and mounting hardware?

I am looking into doing the swap before next summer into a fox body and am trying to get a good general idea of the parts required for a week end start finish job.

Quick Reply: stang lsx motor plate and headers mass produced