General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Messed up trans lever button?????

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 10:33 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Messed up trans lever button?????

OK this is starting to anoy the crap out of me!!!! Every time, I go to drive my car, I have to really lean on that button on my gear shifter *** to get my car into gear . I don't think it's a transmission problem. someone told me to re-lube the cable that connects to it....
Old 11-10-2006, 10:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Maybe take the top off your shifter and see if something is broken internally. Maybe it just needs to be lubed.
Old 11-10-2006, 10:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Mdeleon
OK this is starting to anoy the crap out of me!!!! Every time, I go to drive my car, I have to really lean on that button on my gear shifter *** to get my car into gear . I don't think it's a transmission problem. someone told me to re-lube the cable that connects to it....
At some point it its illustrious life, someone probably spilled coke or coffee, and it has gummed up the works. Take about half a can of WD40 and spray it down inside the button while spraying. It will probably take care of your issue.
Old 11-10-2006, 10:44 PM
Staging Lane

it comes off??? damn! it has this leather wrapping around it. I have pic of it coming soon.. The button is on the left of the handle, to be pressed by your thumb, like a pilot throttle stick..