General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Car wont start

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2006, 10:31 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Car wont start

ACK! Yesterday the car wouldnt start. it go spark and fuel but it jsut wouldnt turn over, starter is fine. Well called gramps, we took it to his house and he got it running and told me it was flooded. Well today its donig the same exact thing, wont crank and flooding. What can cause this??????This is my only means of transportation so I need this thing back on the road ASAP!!!

FWIW the day before yesterday I had filled up my tank with premium (93) as always, and I went to wal-mart and bought some octane booster and fuel injector cleaner and put both in the car at the same time with a full tank. Not sure if its related or not. But after we get the car cranked it will be fine until the morning and it wont crank anymore it just floods...???

Please help!
Thanks!
Old 11-11-2006, 04:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

sounds like an injector stuck open. if you dont have an oscilloscope, you can jump each injector to make sure it's clicking. ls1's should NOT flood with a multi port setup.
Old 11-11-2006, 04:59 PM
Banned

Car NOT turning over is not due to flooding.
Old 11-11-2006, 05:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

finally found out what happened. 118k miles on stock plugs is a no no lol. car was dumping fuel in but not enough spark to ignite it so ended up flooding it some. got some NGK TR55's today, put 3 of them in on the drivers side, fired right up. gonna do the rest tomorrow when we get it on the rack
Old 11-11-2006, 05:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Tainted
finally found out what happened. 118k miles on stock plugs is a no no lol. car was dumping fuel in but not enough spark to ignite it so ended up flooding it some. got some NGK TR55's today, put 3 of them in on the drivers side, fired right up. gonna do the rest tomorrow when we get it on the rack

Why was it not turning over?
Old 11-11-2006, 05:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

my plugs are beyond shot. the tip and everything is just powder. wasnt getting hardly any spark at all, so it obviously wasnt gonna ignite the fuel the car was puttin in