General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

A/c and weatherstripping. I need help.

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2006, 09:49 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry A/c and weatherstripping. I need help.

I'll get to the point really quick. My A/c works great. Blows super cold air really fast. Heat doesn't work so great. Heat blow moderatly and is warm for about 4 seconds. Then blows cold air. If I turn the air on low it will blow warm air forever. I have flushed my coolant twice. The water pump has been replaced along with the thermostat. I don't know whats wrong. Any suggestion's welcome. Blower motor? Replace heater core? I'm am lost.

Also, my drivers side keeps leaking in the rain. The window wasn't sealing correctly because the window motor mounts had moved because of wear on the fiberglass doors. I thought I fixed that. Heavy storm last night. I open the car door and look at a puddle of water in my backseat. Weatherstripping appears to be fine with visual inspection. Should I still go ahead and replace it? What else should I look for in the general area that is wrong besides the weather stripping?

Anyways I have wed and thursday off and i'm going to try to take care of these things on those two days. Please help me out!
Old 11-13-2006, 10:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Dont know really what to tell you on the heater problem. Sounds like the heater core is functioning if it blows hot on low

For the leaking t tops try dielectric grease on the weatherstripping. It has worked for me as well as others on here. If it doesnt I can PM you a link for new weatherstripping (cant post url not a sponsor--->)
Old 11-16-2006, 11:28 PM
Launching!

Hm. So after two days of being off of work here's what I have come up.

My a/c compressor is screwed. I took the ac belt off and the heat blows strong and hot. It even blows cool when I turn it on cold. Heater core = working fine.

Water leaking = rear hatch weatherstripping was comming off of the car. $6 fix at car quest. got weatherstriping sealant/glue/whatever it is and welded that sucker back on to the car. It poured like a monsoon this morning and car is dry as a bone inside.

Now I have another problem. Belts squeaking. obviously the a/c compressor is screwed so it squeaks like a bitch. i took the a/c belt off. i still get a squeak, not as loud because he a/c belt is off. I have replaced the alt (twice, the first replacement's bearings took a **** in 8 days), idler, water pump, tensioner, both belts. Squeak went away for a few days. now it's back in full force. it has to be the PS or the crank or a shitty car quest belt. What do ya'll think?