LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

stock stall w/ 503 or 305 cam IS IT POSSIBLE??

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2006, 11:09 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default stock stall w/ 503 or 305 cam IS IT POSSIBLE??

Im wanting to put the cc503 or cc305 cam in my car with the rebuild but right now i dont have the money to do a stall so would it be possible to have these cams and keep the car running with the stock stall. i will be getting a stall soon but im resticted on money right now with the build so i just need to get the car back togather. thanks
Old 11-14-2006, 11:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by compt/aclone
Im wanting to put the cc503 or cc305 cam in my car with the rebuild but right now i dont have the money to do a stall so would it be possible to have these cams and keep the car running with the stock stall. i will be getting a stall soon but im resticted on money right now with the build so i just need to get the car back togather. thanks
Yea, you can do it. The car wont like being at a stop light in drive is allo. When I was a a4 with the cam I have now I just bumped it up in neitral at stop lights.
Old 11-14-2006, 11:48 AM
On The Tree

well will it be real bad how big is the cam you have now
Old 11-14-2006, 01:49 PM
TECH Resident

I used to be in the same boat as you. I wanted to run a cam with the stock stall. It will work but the car will want to lurch at stop lights. It will be slightly difficult to tune for driveability as well. My suggestion is save up for a stall. I bought a Yank SS3200 and it was the best $675 I spent to compliment my heads and cam. With the gears you have, you will be much happier you saved up for the stall. I can't speak for any other brand but Yank but most people will tell you that they are the best. Look into the automatic trans section of the board and you will find plenty of great info. Good luck.

Quick Reply: stock stall w/ 503 or 305 cam IS IT POSSIBLE??