Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Complete Front end kits

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2006, 11:23 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Complete Front end kits

If you have a car that you want to make a complete drag car but you are going to stay with stock style in front and rear, what is the best kit overall? Being stock style in the back the biggest tire you can go with is a 29.5/10.5W and that would look kinda funny with a lamb style front end where the front gets sucked way inside the fenders. I looked on AJEs web site but couldn't find what a 4th Gen F-body would look like with there equipment on it. Some drop spindles probably wouldn't hurt and an aftermarket upper mount setup for a real strut seems to also be the way. I know I have seen some King of the Hill cars with this setup but they are all one off kits that their chassis shops made. We already have a Madman rack but we can cut the brace off of it and it would be a regular pinto rack. Motor mounts aren't really a concern either. Motor and midplate will be used. Any help from Madman or some of you other drag guys would help alot. Thanks.
Old 11-19-2006, 11:58 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by GueSS Who
If you have a car that you want to make a complete drag car but you are going to stay with stock style in front and rear, what is the best kit overall? Being stock style in the back the biggest tire you can go with is a 29.5/10.5W and that would look kinda funny with a lamb style front end where the front gets sucked way inside the fenders. I looked on AJEs web site but couldn't find what a 4th Gen F-body would look like with there equipment on it. Some drop spindles probably wouldn't hurt and an aftermarket upper mount setup for a real strut seems to also be the way. I know I have seen some King of the Hill cars with this setup but they are all one off kits that their chassis shops made. We already have a Madman rack but we can cut the brace off of it and it would be a regular pinto rack. Motor mounts aren't really a concern either. Motor and midplate will be used. Any help from Madman or some of you other drag guys would help alot. Thanks.

fyi, if you put a lamb or strange strut or even the aje strut front end kit on your car, thats not considered stock front suspension and alot of classes will not allow it .. and just so you also know, every 10.5 outlaw car(camaro's or firebird 93-2002) i've ever seen has the santhuff kit on it, which is still and upper and lower a-arm set up..

jay
Old 11-19-2006, 12:10 PM
TECH Resident

Santuff is a good setup, if you know how to set it up...

a set of single adjustable qa1's should be fine though
Old 11-19-2006, 11:05 PM
9 Second Club

We were going to have to buy all of it and instead of buying some peices here and there we were going to get a kit......Not against a QA1 or an Afco but I was just wondering. We were wanting the lightest thing we could get and have as much adjustabiltiy as possible.
Old 11-19-2006, 11:29 PM
Teching In

Default Lightest front end kit

Pa Racing makes the lightest kit out. K-member moly is 14lbs (no motor mounts) a-arms are 4.5lbs each lowers uppers are about 2.5lbs. If you was to go with a standard shock go with strange or afco. If you want to go with a spindle mount set up you can run a strange GT strut or go with a santhuff it would save you about 40-50 more lbs but cost you about $3k more. Need more info let me know i've did a few of these.
Old 11-20-2006, 07:07 PM
TECH Resident

Actually AJE has the lightest, but i dont think anyone wants to spend 12K on a titanium front end....