General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Whining Blower Motor

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2006, 05:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Whining Blower Motor

So its cold out and I decide to take my 2002 Z28 out the other day anyway, im sure I drove it when it was cold out before but for some reason this time i noticed when I put on the heat on I hear the blower motor squeeling away on the lower two settings, it goes away on the 3rd and 4th settings. anyone else experince this? is it comon or am i just the lucky one who gets the defective blower motor in my car
Old 11-20-2006, 05:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Had leaves in mine once...no "squeeling" though. Pull it out and take a look inside. If that's not it at least it's easy to replace.
Old 11-20-2006, 06:35 PM
On The Tree

well, my lower two setting dotn even work. its all or nothing. (probly a relay, but im too lazy to fix it.)
Old 11-22-2006, 07:13 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I dunno. Mine does that exact same thing too. But only every now and then, and only when it's really cold.

I just reach over and turn the volume on the radio up to "11".

I figure I'll replace it when it quits.
Old 11-22-2006, 07:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

2001NBMZ28 - Thank you for your suggestion but I should have been more specific in my desription, its more of a bearing noise and I just wanted to hear it from someone else who had this exact noise before I do change it and find out it was something else. I did have leaves in my 1985 Monte Carlo SS (god i miss that car) and it did inhibt the air flow, thanks for your suggestion though it is comon on a lot of cars aside from the Monte

BRADMB - Thats great information you have there but im not seeing how it relates to my problem in any facit, but hey, not having two speeds has got to suck too so i feel your pain, thanks though.

DOUBT IT - Sounds like its a comon issue although you dont have an answer on how to fix it you have helped me conclude that it just is a defective braring and I will change it.... one of these years.

Thanks guys
Old 11-22-2006, 08:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Mine makes noise sometimes. Sounds kind of a like a hard drive with bad bearings, if you've ever heard that noise. Probably on it's way out, but it's done it off and on for almost 2 years.