Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Newb LS1 owner, what kind of emissions test for 00' SS in AZ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 11:28 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newb LS1 owner, what kind of emissions test for 00' SS in AZ?

Hi, I acquired my first late model muscle in an 00' SS M6. Bought it at the very end of August to be my DD while I do some major mods to a late model Bronco that was my driver and will be again in about a year.

Well, I'm already looking into mods for my SS with the free mods in progress.

Thinking possible cam in a short period of time since I have concerns about the timing chain. So, if I'm in there or somebody else......may as well change the cam right?

So, I'm in Maricopa county (Scottsdale) and I have no clue what they are going to do come emissions testing time. Can somebody tell me what the testing involves here in Maricopa County????

Wondering.........on the test as I realize this really limits cam selection options big time.

Thanks for any info you can provide. I appreciate it very much.
Old 11-22-2006, 11:32 AM
High on diesel fumes

OBDII vehicles require a visual inspection and computer scan only - no sniffer test

You can run whatever you want, as long as your PCM doesn't have any emissions codes and all your emissions hardware is still attached. I passed emissions the day after I got my 6.0 running. Tuning was horrible, I was stalling in line, cats were gutted so it smelled like crap, the guys didn't look twice at it.
Old 11-22-2006, 06:29 PM
Launching!

Hey thanks much for the response. I really appreciate it.

I for example may be running gutted cats by the next test time for my car.

I intend to leave everything attached emissions wise. Atleast so it all looks like its functioning properly.

I won't get into specific questions about turning certain things off etc at this point as I know how the forum search fuction works and imagine thats all been covered a bunch.

But, last night I was looking into cam stuff related to emissions and if I was understanding correctly I will still be a bit limited there. Do you know if thats correct???? I'm currently somewhat undecided on what power range I will cam for, but certainly will need to nail down what I can still get away with.

Hey, thanks again......
Old 11-22-2006, 09:31 PM
Banned

pm "nicd" on here and he will set you up with a tune, he can take care of all your worry's
Old 11-22-2006, 09:48 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 1bad71
pm "nicd" on here and he will set you up with a tune, he can take care of all your worry's
Really, will do, thanks.........

Quick Reply: Newb LS1 owner, what kind of emissions test for 00' SS in AZ?