LT1-LT4 Modifications 1993-97 Gen II Small Block V8

March Performance 2 Piece Pulley Set?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2006, 04:02 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default March Performance 2 Piece Pulley Set?

This is for a 94 A4 Z28. Mods are LT4 KM, LT headers, Matching Y-pipe, CAI, 160' thermostat and a tune. Alright, i used to have this on my car. My timing chain ended up breaking and caused some problems. I ended up needing a new crank...(That was fun)

Anyway, when everything was put back together the car ran great. Then, i noticed the aftermarket pulley i had (The MARCH) was wobbling a little bit. So, i switched it out and put the stock pulley back in. I actually felt like i noticed a difference and it has been bothering me ever since. The car does not feel as responsive and felt quicker with the other pulley.

How much HP does this 2 piece set give? (IF any) Is this all in my head, or was my car probably a little faster?

Now, like i said, the march was wobbling a little bit. Do you guys think i should put it back on and try to smooth out the pulley so it doesn't wobble? The old pulley wobbles slightly, but not as much as the march. Can this wobble create a problem? Possibly screw up the crank or something? (I don't know if that makes sense, but when i had the march on, my timing chain broke and then i needed a new crank) So, this makes me believe the march 2 piece set is evil, lol.
Old 11-24-2006, 08:32 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyone have an idea?