Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Mac mids and ory

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 07:40 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mac mids and ory

I just bought mac mids and ory. When I install them, how important is a tune? I know the check engine light will be on, cat. inefficient codes, but will my car run worse? Gas mileage be affected? Any thoughts will help. (A tune is in the future but not for a month)
Old 11-29-2006, 08:07 PM
TECH Addict

you will be fine, ive been driving around 5 months with my LT's and still no tune, yea you will run a little rich and it will hurt your MPG's but nothin crazy maybe 2-3 mpg's
Old 12-02-2006, 06:42 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by TBK'SS
I just bought mac mids and ory. When I install them, how important is a tune? I know the check engine light will be on, cat. inefficient codes, but will my car run worse? Gas mileage be affected? Any thoughts will help. (A tune is in the future but not for a month)
Hey just wondering how did all your smog connections fit on your macs? I am trying to figure a pattern they are setting with there headers and any help can be of great help. THank you.
Old 12-02-2006, 06:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by TBK'SS
As far as i am concerned, you should not get any codes and FOR SURE ..and NOT need a tune with MIDS/SHORTIES....
Old 12-02-2006, 07:05 PM
Staging Lane

I havent installed them just yet, probably next weekend. I asked about codes and a tune because I won't have cats. and my rear o2s wont be hooked up. I would think this would set a code. As far as a tune, wouldnt it help regardless?
Old 12-02-2006, 07:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

you will need 02 sims or deleted...as far as a tune for mids you r wasting your money...1 good thing would be to get BOSCH 13111 Rear Vette 02's...i have them as well as many others do on this site...these have a wider heat range..less chance of codes with LONG TUBES.
Old 12-02-2006, 09:39 PM
TECH Addict

mids are closer to LT's then they are to the stock manifolds. A tune will definitly help but you can drive the car without a tune and have the check engine lights on, that is what im doing until I get the cam in