Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

MSD BAP install question.

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2006, 11:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default MSD BAP install question.

I did a search with no luck. I need to know if any of you have pics of your setups. I would really like to have the BAP in the rear wheel well where the disc changer goes but Im not sure about the vaccume/boost line, I dont think it would be a good idea to run the line all the way to the back.
does anyone have installation instructions?
Is it safe to run it on at all times?
Old 12-03-2006, 11:39 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mine is on all the time (well, under boost), but I can't answer the rest.
Old 12-04-2006, 04:37 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by nvmy2000ss
I did a search with no luck. I need to know if any of you have pics of your setups. I would really like to have the BAP in the rear wheel well where the disc changer goes but Im not sure about the vaccume/boost line, I dont think it would be a good idea to run the line all the way to the back.
does anyone have installation instructions?
Is it safe to run it on at all times?
I installed mine as follows: I have the racetronix hot wire kit. I ran that wire from the tank into the interior of the car through the hole under the rear driver seat. Ran the wire under the carpet to the BAP that is mounted on the floor under the pass front seat. Cut the hot wire there, wired it to the BAP then continued to the engine bay through the hole in the firewall that is under the PCM. I also ran the boost wire though this hole. With the boost line hooked up the BAP will only turn on when it sees at least a couple #'s of boost.

The BAP has a very long electric line that goes to the boost activation switch. Plumb the switch into a port that has boost then run the wires to that, no need to run a vacuum line to BAP.
Old 12-06-2006, 09:15 AM
10 Second Club

i like that.
Old 12-10-2006, 11:34 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Ok so let me see if Im understanding this right. To keep the BAP mounted in the rear so it wiil not be seen, I wiil have to run a boost activation switch up front then run the two wires that are approx 10-17 feet long (red and black wire) to that?
Will this work the same as running a boost line directly to the BAP?
Is there an instuction manual online for these things? I looked on msd website and they dont have it.
Old 12-28-2006, 08:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

anyone know?
Old 12-29-2006, 11:11 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by nvmy2000ss
Ok so let me see if Im understanding this right. To keep the BAP mounted in the rear so it wiil not be seen, I wiil have to run a boost activation switch up front then run the two wires that are approx 10-17 feet long (red and black wire) to that?
Will this work the same as running a boost line directly to the BAP?
Is there an instuction manual online for these things? I looked on msd website and they dont have it.
The activation switch is the round metal piece that has male threads on one end ( 1/4 NPT) & 2 blade electrical connectors on the other end. Hook it up to a boost line wherever is convenient. I hooked mine on a T fitting from my boost guage. Then run the electrical wires from the activation switch to the BAP.

I can take a picture of mine, it's a KB though. I personally would not run a vac/boost hose all the way to the back, just use the electric line.

Quick Reply: MSD BAP install question.