Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Using rubber fuel hoze on this? (purge solenoid)

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2006, 10:57 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Using rubber fuel hoze on this? (purge solenoid)

I think this is the fuel purge solenoid

Is there any reason I can't use this 5/16th rubber fuel line hose I had left over from some other stuff on this connection?
The stocker is not quite big/flexible enough to make it and not look janky, and I had the extra hose left over and thought it looked better.

The stocker didn't seem airtight and I was wondering if that was for a reason and that this hose would be too tight for its purpose.

Any comments would be appreciated
Thx,
DJ
Old 12-09-2006, 11:00 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The hose just needs to fit...the solenoid isn't open all the time, so I wouldn't worry about it either way. I don't even have the solenoid on mine anymore...I just vent straight from the hardline through some rubber hose to a small filter. The nipple on the manifold is capped off.
Old 12-09-2006, 12:07 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MeentSS02
The hose just needs to fit...the solenoid isn't open all the time, so I wouldn't worry about it either way. I don't even have the solenoid on mine anymore...I just vent straight from the hardline through some rubber hose to a small filter. The nipple on the manifold is capped off.
Sweet!
Thanks man.
Starting the car after my first cam/intake install today, im pumped.

DJ