Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Shift Indicator Overlay Face

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2006, 05:14 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shift Indicator Overlay Face

I need a few examples of the 93-97 Firebird shift indicator window overlays, the custom jobs. I seen a few white gear indicator windows, a lighted blue one I think, and one with flames.

I've taken apart my lower console, as the way it came with my T/A was in pretty poor shape. Mostly the shift indicator was cracked and had a cigarette burn both on the clear indicator plastic window and a few around the ashtray.

Anyway, I've put some stripper over the original indicator window plastic and buffed it perfectly clear again. I want to design a new indicator display, but require the placement of the shift indication 'oval' beside each gear. For instance beside [P] for Park, to the right about a 1/4" in. is an orange oval. The oval is actually a clear opening in the overlay of course which filters light.

I need to place the 'oval' openings specifically to line up with my shifter. I thought about reinstalling everything with masking tape masked over the shift indicator and marking the measurments for shifter position, but I'd rather a more factory looking placement for the indicator ovals. Everything else I can place and customize.