Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need Help Immediately!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-11-2006, 09:21 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need Help Immediately!!!!

can someone please help me find out what size the threads are on the flexplate bolts on an ls1. i have one of the holes on the back of the crank thats a little boogered up at the begginning of the hole and i need a tap (but i dont know what size). can someone please help me quick???
Old 12-11-2006, 09:36 AM
TECH Addict

Just go buy a full tap/die set. Its a good thing to have around and that way you will have it when you need it. Then just check the different dies until you find the one that matches your bolt, then use the corresponding tap.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:57 AM
Banned

That's an excellent idea, also, you could try calling a ls1-familiar mechanic who does this on a daily basis, I'm sure they could give you the information you are looking for. You can try calling my guy in CA they are Don Lee Auto they did my t56 conversion so they are very familiar with our cars.
Old 12-11-2006, 10:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

thanks for the help guys but i found out its a M11 X 1.5 and that doesnt come in a standard tap and die set. its a very oddball size. i am a draftsman for a very big company that builds large forklift trucks and we have a very large machine shop with many tools available and they dont even have one. i ordered it through them and we should have it here sometime tomorrow. thanks guys