Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

What is my pump doing?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2006, 03:34 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default What is my pump doing?

Ok usually when I turn the key and wait for the pump to prime it goes through its routine where it goes to 60 psi the levels off at 40 psi. Lately though it goes to 60 psi. then drops all the way down to 0 psi. I then turn off then back on again and the fuel pressure levels off at 40 psi. The fuel pressure will jump to 60 psi. when I turn the car on, but the whole thing about it dropping to 0 concerns me. Does anyone know why the pump is doing this? For those of you wanting to know this is my second walboro 340 that has gone in the car. One other thing does anyone know if a c6 zo6 fuel pump can support about 525 rwhp and can it be installed in our cars? Thanks Andy
Old 12-17-2006, 04:14 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 432 Likes on 307 Posts

Your FP reg isn't holding pressure. After a few seconds, the fuel pump cuts off, then your reg bleeds the pressure back off. This is an extremely annoying side affect of many aftermarket fuel pressure regulators. Also, walbros are known for having issues with their check valves, so I guess it could also be the pump.
Old 12-17-2006, 09:11 AM
TECH Resident

Gametech, I have the stock fp regulator is their any way to check either or to see if they work?
Old 12-17-2006, 06:45 PM
TECH Resident

Does everyone have as much trouble with their fuel systems as I do??? Sorry about that I think frustration has taken over.....